Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Love Story













This wedding season marks my 10th year in the industry as a wedding photographer. Way back in 2002, I started out working for a mega studio. In 2003, I nervously branched out on my own. In 2007, I opened my first studio space and by 2008 I was busier than ever. Now here we are in 2012, I've seen my industry come and go, changing in ways I never thought it would. I've photographed weddings in the fanciest of venues. I've photographed weddings that were held in a VFW. I've been flown to Hawaii, Cancun, Las Vegas and New Orleans. I've photographed during snowstorms and the Air and Water show. After 10 years, I have seen it all. Tomorrow morning I am moving both my home and office to a new location and will be going through change once again. While all of this is completely overwhelming to me, today I was reminded of what I love most about my job. It is about the excitement, love and joy that comes when a bride relives her wedding day for the first time through my lens. I want to thank Carrie for reminding me just how special and lucky I am. And I want to wish her and Freddie a marriage that is just as amazing and beautiful  as their wedding day.

No comments: